Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Terrifying Trad! - Week 4

  I may have been more terrified this week then I have been in awhile. After a toilsome hike up to T-wall and a wonderfully strenuous warm up route we stumble over to the next formidable route we had picked to climb. Then Jon says to me, "Suit up, you're leading this one!" Giving me a look that basically says that I have no choice in the matter. Or maybe I have a choice to lead the route or find a cozy saturated cave to sleep in for the night. With that choice, I did what any person would do and made sure I packed my good sleeping bag!

  In reality, I put my big girl harness on and suited up with many pretty colors jingled around it; which I'm pretty sure added about 25Ibs to the already growing pancake belly I have. As I started up the climb I decided that whatever happens, I just can't fall. What happened next may have been a miracle from the great climbing Gods. I plugged and chugged my way up the wall! Stopping halfway up to realize I was far from my last piece with nowhere to place a good one, panicked, then stayed there for what felt like a good hour, until I found a piece of rock that would mold into a good hold for any of my gear. I then ran (climbed extremely slowly) up the rest of the wall. Going 90ft on nine pieces, I was extraordinarily  pleased to say the lest! And I didn't have to sleep in a cave!

  I may even try it again next time!

This weeks Video!

Oh no! I forgot to include Florida's Video last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment